STAR-TRITON SUPREME ushers a new generation of pavement sealcoatings that are high performance effective alternatives to both refined tar and asphalt emulsion sealers. STAR-TRITON SUPREME is poised to reach the levels of prominence, as enjoyed by the entire family of STAR sealcoatings, for the protection, preservation and beautification of asphalt pavements. Based on carefully selected grades of Refined Tar, minerals, specialty additives and performance boosters, STAR-TRITON SUPREME has an extraordinary degree of toughness and water repellency, unmatched by any competitive sealer. STAR-TRITON SUPREME forms a tough, durable and flexible coating that protects asphalt pavements from the damaging elements of weather, water penetration, de-icing salts, traffic damage, surface raveling/checking, gasoline and other petrochemicals. STAR-TRITON SUPREME increases the life of your pavement by 300% or more, at 1/3 rd. the cost of new installations.
• Comparable to Refined Tar Sealers (RTS) in toughness, and overall durability. Far superior in comparison to Asphalt Emulsion Based Sealcoatings (AE) in resistance to fuel, salt and petro-chemicals.
• Meets all applicable ASTM and FAA Specifications.
• Fortified with tough performance-boosting rubber polymers. Generally, no other additives are needed.
• Color Stability- Similar to RTS, unlike AE, which have a tendency to fade with aging.
• Expands the season i.e. early spring to late fall, significantly longer than AE sealers.
• More economical than asphalt-based sealer. Allows higher dilution rates with water, in mix designs.
• Water- based, easy to apply, handle and store.
• Non-burning, non-irritating, with insignificant odor.
• Beautifies While It Protects – Dries to an appealing dark charcoal color that enhances the value of the property.
Snow removal becomes easier and traffic markings last longer.
STAR-TRITON SUPREME is recommended for all asphalt pavements; home driveways, commercial parking lots, apartment complexes, restaurants, schools, gas stations, truck terminals, airfields/taxiways/airport shoulders, and many more.
MIX DESIGN RECOMMENDATIONS
Important – All mix designs must include clean, quartz, angular sand. *Crushed slag (i.e. Black Beauty) may be used as the aggregate, provided it is clean, angular and within 50-70 AFS gradation.
|STAR-TRITON SUPREME||100 Gal.||100 Liters|
|Water (Clean, Potable)||25-35 Gal.||25-35 Liters|
|Sand/Aggregate 50-70 AFS*||300-500 Lbs.||36-60 Kg.|
Must be applied to structurally sound pavements. Do not apply over chip seal or gilsonite sealed surfaces. The application rates shall be dictated by the traffic pattern and usage.
1. For Low to Medium Traffic Areas Apply Two (2) Coats:
a) Concentrated Sealer – the total coverage rate of 0.18 – 0.20 Gal./Sq. Yd. or 45 – 50 Sq. Ft./Gal. (1.1 – 1.22 Sq. Meter/Liter).
b) Mixed Sealer – 0.27 – 0.30 Gal./Sq. Yd. or 30 – 33 Sq. Ft./Gal. (0.73 – 0.81 Sq. Meter/Liter).
2 For High Traffic Areas Apply Three (3) Coats:
a) Concentrated Sealer – the total coverage rate of 0.25 – 0.28 Gal./Sq. Yd. or 32 – 36 Sq. Ft./Gal. (0.8 – 0.9 Sq. Meter/Liter).
b) Mixed Sealer – 0.38 – 0.42 Gal./Sq. Yd. or 21 – 24 Sq. Ft./Gal. (0.51 – 0.59 Sq. Meter/Liter).
• Use conventional tools; Brush, rubber squeegee or a spray rig.
• Clean up with Water. Do not discard washings in the bodies of water or down sewer drains. Use safe and best
• Dried sealer on tools – Wire brushing, scarping and peeling.
• Keep stored containers sealed tightly.
Cure time will vary according to temperature and humidity at the time of application. Insufficiently cured films wear prematurely. Lower temperatures, high humidity and lack of direct sunlight will prolong the cure time. Higher temperatures, lower humidity and direct sunlight accelerate the cure process. If a second coat is to be applied, allow the first coat to dry sufficiently to withstand light vehicular and pedestrian traffic without damaging or scuffing the coating. After the application of the last coat, allow the coating to cure at least 20-24 hours under good drying conditions.
1) Apply only on unsealed asphalt or surfaces previously sealed with either Asphalt Emulsion or Refined Tar based sealers.
2) Do not apply over surfaces sealed with gilsonite and other solvent based seal coatings.
3) New asphalt pavements must be allowed to cure at least 90 days in hot weather. Perform a “Water Break Free Test” to confirm that the surface oils have dissipated, by spreading water on the pavement. If the water does not
bead, pavement is ready for seal coating.
4) Not recommended for steeply inclined surfaces, as they may become slippery when wet.
•KEEP FROM FREEZING.
•KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
•Store in tightly closed containers.
•Read Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for details.
•Wear gloves and protective clothing.
•In case of contact, flush skin or eyes immediately with fresh water. •If the product gets in the mouth or eyes see a physician immediately.
PACKAGING & AVAILABILITY
5-Gallon plastic pails, 55-gallon drums & 275-gallon plastic totes, and bulk. Check with the STAR plant for availability.
IMPORTANT WEATHER LIMITATIONS
- Surface and air temperature should be a min. 50° F (10° C) and rising.
- Do not apply on rainy, foggy, or extremely humid days, or when rain is in the forecast within 24 hours.
- If the pavement temperature is over 100° (38°C) dampen the pavement with a fine mist of water to facilitate even spreading. Do not allow water to puddle on the surface.