STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ is a latex based coating/primer that adheres to, and seals, oil and grease spots on all types of asphalt pavements. The polymeric
matrix and surfactants in STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ create a tough film that bonds aggressively to the contaminated area. STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ will allow both Asphalt Emulsion and Refined Tar sealers to bond properly these freshly primed areas. STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ will eliminate the need for excessive surface preparation that could damage the asphalt substrate.
• Will prevent oil and grease spots from bleeding up into the cured film of Asphalt Emulsion and Refined Tar sealers.
• Useful for areas that have been contaminated by tree sap, which causes sealcoatings to flake off in an unusual and confounding way.
• Is easy to use. Supplied as a concentrate with simple on-the-job mixing with water. Concentrated; allows easier storage and shipping.
• Applied by any conventional method; brush, spray, roller or squeegee.
• Dries in 20-30 minutes.
• Will not debond from the oil spot and will not allow the sealer to peel away from primed areas.
• Safe to store and easy water clean up
STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ is recommended on all asphalt surfaces where contamination and oil spotting problems need to be treated prior to sealcoating; parking lots, fast food restaurants, airports, gas stations, home driveways, schools, malls, etc.
Mix Design Recommendations
STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ IS SUPPLIED AS A CONCENTRATE.
Dilution rate is; ONE part STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ with TWO parts clean potable water.
Must be applied to structurally sound pavements. Do not apply over chip seal or gilsonite sealed surfaces.
Apply Only One Coating of the diluted STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ over the contaminated area at the application rate of 450 – 500 Sq. Ft./Gal. (11.0 – 12.2 Sq. Meter/Liter). Concentrated STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ covers approximately 175 to 200 Sq. Ft./Gal.
• Use conventional tools; Brush, roller or low pressure sprayer.
• Clean up with water. Do not discard washings in the bodies of water or down sewer drains.
• Dried primer on tools – Wire brushing, scarping and peeling.
• Keep stored containers sealed tightly.
For best results remove all loose dirt and scrape off any heavy built up oil and grease. Hose off with clean water and let dry. Fresh oil drippings and contaminations must be washed with a detergent and then properly dried.
Cure time will vary according to temperature and humidity at the time of application. Insufficiently cured films wear prematurely. Lower temperatures,
high humidity and lack of direct sunlight will prolong the cure time. Higher temperatures, lower humidity and direct sunlight accelerate the cure process.
STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ should dry in approximately 20-30 minutes in good drying conditions.
Do not apply STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ in more than one coating. Multiple applications of STAR S.O.S. SEALER™ over the same spot could cause inter-coat adhesion failures.
KEEP FROM FREEZING / KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Wear gloves and protective clothing. In case of contact, flush skin or eyes immediately with fresh water. If the product gets in the mouth or eyes see a physician immediately. Consult a Safety Data Sheet for details.
PACKAGING & AVAILABILITY
5-Gallon plastic pails, 55-gallon drums and 275-gallon plastic totes at all STAR plant locations.
IMPORTANT WEATHER LIMITATIONS
- Surface and air temperature should be a min. 50° F (10° C) and rising.
- Do not apply on rainy, foggy, or extremely humid days, or when rain is in the forecast within 24 hours.