STAR FUSION ® is a family of professional grade, water-based sealcoatings, which combines the redeeming protective properties of different binder resins available to the industry. The binder resin combinations used in STAR FUSION ® include, namely, Petroleum resins and Refined Tar, asphalt and refined tar, and asphalt and specialty petroleum resin. STAR FUSION ® blends are custom made with varying amounts of binder resins which are blended in the manufacturing process, for serving specific customer or job requirements.
STAR FUSION ® has an extraordinary degree of toughness and water repellency, unmatched by any competitive sealer. In addition, it includes specialty chemicals, color boosters, and polymers, which are “Hot Blended”, during the manufacturing process. STAR FUSION ® has outstanding resistance to gasoline, oil, chemicals, and de-icing salts. The combination of state-of-the art technology in manufacturing and raw material selection translates into the following:
• Outstanding Durability and longevity – STAR FUSION ® A professional grade sealcoating that was designed, tested, and proven to outlast any competing sealcoating in its class.
• Superior Flexibility – Ability to bridge minor surface (non-working) cracks in the pavement to eliminate water penetration and extend the life of asphalt surfaces.
• Beautifies While It Protects – Dries to an appealing dark charcoal color that enhances the value of the property. Snow removal becomes easier and traffic markings last longer.
STAR FUSION ® is recommended for all asphalt pavements; home driveways, commercial parking lots, apartment complexes, restaurants, schools, gas stations, truck terminals, airfields/taxiways/airport shoulders, and many more.
MIX DESIGN RECOMMENDATIONS
Important – All mix designs must include clean, quartz, angular sand.
|STAR FUSION®||100 Gal.||100 Liters|
|Water (Clean, Potable)||25-30 Gal.||25-30 Liters|
|Sand/Aggregate 50-70 AFS*||300-500 Lbs.||36-60 Kg.|
* Crushed slag i.e. Black Beauty may be used as the aggregate provided it is clean, angular and within 50-70 AFS.
The use of an additive is optional, follow STAR’s recommendations.
Must be applied to structurally sound pavements. Do not apply over chip seal or gilsonite sealed surfaces. The application rates shall be dictated by the traffic pattern and usage.
1. For Low to Medium Traffic Areas Apply Two (2) Coats:
a) Concentrated Sealer – the total coverage rate of 0.18 – 0.20 Gal./Sq. Yd. or 45 – 50 Sq. Ft./Gal. (1.1 – 1.22 Sq. Meter/Liter).
b) Mixed Sealer – 0.26 – 0.29 Gal./Sq. Yd. or 31 – 35 Sq. Ft./Gal. (0.76 – 0.86 Sq. Meter/Liter).
2 For High Traffic Areas Apply Three (3) Coats:
a) Concentrated Sealer – the total coverage rate of 0.25 – 0.28 Gal./Sq. Yd. or 32 – 36 Sq. Ft./Gal. (0.8 – 0.9 Sq. Meter/Liter).
b) Mixed Sealer – 0.37 – 0.40 Gal./Sq. Yd. or 22 – 24 Sq. Ft./Gal. (0.54 – 0.59 Sq. Meter/Liter).
• Use conventional tools; Brush, rubber squeegee or spray rig.
• Clean up with Water. Do not discard washings in the bodies of water or down sewer drains.
• Dried sealer on tools – Wire brushing, scraping, and peeling.
• Keep stored containers sealed tightly.
Cure time will vary according to temperature and humidity at the time of application. Insufficiently cured films wear prematurely. Lower temperatures, high humidity and lack of direct sunlight will prolong the cure time. Higher temperatures, lower humidity and direct sunlight accelerate the cure process. If a second coat is to be applied, allow the first coat to dry sufficiently to withstand light vehicular and pedestrian traffic without damaging or scuffing the coating. After the application of the last coat, allow the coating to cure at least 20-24 hours under good drying conditions prior to opening to traffic
Apply only on unsealed asphalt or surfaces previously sealed with either Asphalt Emulsion or Refined Tar based sealers. Do not apply over surfaces sealed with gilsonite and other solvent based seal coatings. New asphalt pavements must be allowed to cure at least 90 days in hot weather. Perform a water break free test to confirm that the surface oils have dissipated, by spreading water on the pavement.
If the water does not bead, pavement is ready for sealcoating. Not recommended for steeply inclined surfaces, as they may become slippery when wet.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Wear gloves and protective clothing. In case of contact, flush skin, or eyes immediately with fresh water. If the product gets in the mouth or eyes, see a physician immediately. Consult a Safety Data Sheet for details.
PACKAGING & AVAILABILITY
5-Gallon plastic pails, 55-gallon drums & 275-gallon plastic totes, and bulk at all STAR plant locations.
IMPORTANT WEATHER LIMITATIONS
- Surface and air temperature should be a min. 50° F (10° C) and rising.
- Do not apply on rainy, foggy, or extremely humid days, or when rain is in the forecast within 24 hours.
- If the pavement temperature is over 100° (38°C) dampen the pavement with a fine mist of water to facilitate even spreading. Do not allow water to puddle on the surface.