Fast-Drying, High Solids, Acrylic Polymer-based traffic & Line Marking Paints, Meets TT-P-1952D
STAR-BRITE PLUS TRAFFIC PAINTS are a new generation of water-borne traffic paints which combine the fast-drying properties equivalent to those of solvent-based traffic paints and the safety in handling of latex-based paints. They are suitable for all interior and exterior applications, on asphalt and concrete surfaces.
Formulated with 100% ACRYLIC emulsion, a well balanced blend of pigments and co-solvents, STAR BRITE PLUS TRAFFIC PAINTS offer;
• Fast drying. Have been approved by various states. Excellent for night time application.
• Excellent durability and color retention.
• Excellent adhesion to glass beads.
• Non-bleeding performance.
• Bright highly visible lines with solid hiding power.
• Low toxicity, Low Volatile Organic Content (VOC)/gallon. Low air pollution.
• Low Flammability.
• Ease in application and clean-up, water- reducible.
STAR BRITE PLUS TRAFFIC PAINTS are especially formulated to dry much faster than conventional water-based paints. Under most conditions these paints dry in less than 15 minutes when applied properly.
Additionally, STAR BRITE PLUS TRAFFIC PAINTS are adequately suited to be hot-applied for even faster drying times, to meet various state striping specifications. The heat system must be designed to prevent paint temperatures in excess of 155 Deg. F. at any time.
• Road surfaces, parking lots, play areas, traffic islands, airfield marking, running tracks, etc.
• STAR-BRITE PLUS Traffic paints are ideal for night time striping of fast food restaurants and other commercial lots.
|Viscosity, Kreb units @ 77 Deg. F||80-90||80-90|
|Weight per gallon, lbs||13.62||13.57|
|Solids, % by weight||75.0||75.4|
|Solids, % by volume||57.6||58.4|
|Pigment % by weight||58.7||58.9|
|Solids, % by volume||57.6||58.4|
|Acrylic solids, % by weight||39.6||40.0|
|Volatile organic content / Gal.||0.7 lb||0.65 lb|
None. Ready to use as supplied. Reduce with clean potable water, if needed. The drying time will be delayed by the inclusion of additional water.
For 15 mils wet or 8-9 mils dry film thickness:
Approximately 107 Sq. Ft. per gallon
2 inch wide stripe – 650 linear feet.
4 inch wide stripe – 325 linear feet.
Method: Air or airless spray striping equipment, brush or roller. For Preheated applications, heat the paint to 140 Degree F. then apply with air or airless spray equipment. Any equipment that comes in contact with the paint must be made of stainless steel. Paint holding tank may be epoxy lined. No brass fittings and lines shall be used as they may result in paint destabilization.
Surface Preparation: Observe general cleaning practices to remove dirt and debris and ensure that the surface is dry prior to striping.
Oil and grease spots shall be sealed with S.O.S. Primer / Sealer. Asphalt must have weathered to rid of the surface oils. Concrete must be etched and thoroughly rinsed with water.
Application: Thoroughly mix the contents in the can and apply on a properly prepared surface, Ensure the proper coverage rates.
Do not apply if rain is in the forecast within 6 hrs. and ambient/surface temperature is below 50 Degree F.
Wash Thinner: Wash tools immediately with water followed by a mixture of 50:50 (by volume) of Methanol and Methyl Ethyl Ketone.
• Keep away from sparks, open flame and heat.
• Use with adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of dry over spray.
• Avoid prolonged or repeated contact with skin. Use of protective gloves and goggles is recommended.
• Keep the partially used containers tightly closed. Store upright and secure in a cool dry approved area (40 – 80 Degree F.). Discard used containers according to applicable regulations.
• Keep from Freezing.
• Keep out of reach of children.
PACKAGING & AVAILABILITY
5 Gallon steel lined pails 55 Gallon lined drums