STAR ADVANTAGE 4 is a high potency, acrylic emulsion based additive that packs the benefits of several types of products in one; fast drying, performance boosting, color enhancing and viscosity building. STAR ADVANTAGE 4 is based on 100% acrylic polymers that reinforce and enhance the overall performance of sealcoatings. Other significant components in the formulation include fast drying chemicals, color enhancing pigments and adhesion promoting
surfactants that deliver a combination of the most desired enhancements in one powerful product. It is recommended for both Refined Tar and Asphalt Emulsion based sealcoatings.
• Speeds up the drying time of sealcoatings thereby reducing labor cost and allowing traffic sooner than non-modified sealer.
• Toughens the sealer film and improves tensile strength thus reducing power steering marks, scuffing and tearing. Improves flexibility and adhesion of the cured sealer film to the existing surface. Improves fuel and chemical resistance of the cured film.
• The inclusion of carbon black acts as a UV absorber and enhances the cured color of sealcoatings. This property alone is important when using Asphalt Emulsion sealers that have a tendency to fade in color while aging.
• Boosts the viscosity of the diluted sealer and enables it to suspend large quantities of sand effectively and uniformly. Eliminates sand roll out, and the streaky appearance of a cured coating. Finished jobs will have a uniform-textured appearance.
• Based on a polymer-emulsion; safe to handle and use. No health hazards have been reported.
STAR ADVANTAGE 4 is recommended for applications where a premium finished sealcoating job is required and/or difficult conditions exist. Especially suited for cure conditions which are less than ideal in late fall, early spring, and night time sealcoating at places such as; Fast Food Restaurants, Apartment Buildings, Service Plazas, Office Complexes, Gas Stations and many more.
MIX DESIGN RECOMMENDATIONS
1-2% STAR ADVANTAGE 4 by volume of the concentrated sealer
Add STAR ADVANTAGE 4 directly to the sealer (with agitation).
It is not necessary to pre-dilute STAR ADVANTAGE 4.
|Sealcoating (AE or RTS)||100 Gal.||100 Liters|
|Water (Clean, Potable)||50 Gal. Max||50 Liters Max|
|Sand/Aggregate 50-70 AFS||300-500 Lbs.||36-60 Kg.|
|STAR Advantage-4||1-2 Gallons||1-2 Liters|
• Add water to the sealer and start agitation.
• With agitation on, add the required amount of STAR ADVANTAGE 4. Mix for 5 minutes. Keep agitation on.
• Add the sand slowly, at a steady rate of about 100-lb. bag/ minute.
• Continue to mix to a smooth consistency. Adjust the speed of mixer to turn the sealer mix sufficiently inside the tank without beating air into the mix. You may have to raise the speed during sand addition and reduce towards the end of the mix cycle.
• Do not add more than 3% of STAR ADVANTAGE 4. Beyond this limit, it will not add any performance benefit. Conversely, it may thin down the sealer mix.
• Do not add more sand than 5 lb./gallon of the concentrated sealer. Higher amounts of sand reduce the flexibility and adhesion of the cured sealer.
• Keep the water dilution rate below 50%. Excessive amounts of water will cut down the dry sealer film thickness, which in turn will result in pre-mature failure.
• Mix thoroughly before using and keep unused container properly sealed.
• Using other additives or additives manufactured by companies other than STAR, Inc in conjunction with this product might produce undesirable results. Consult your STAR representative for recommendations.
KEEP FROM FREEZING / KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Wear gloves and protective clothing. In case of contact, flush skin or eyes immediately with fresh water. If the product gets in the mouth or eyes see a physician immediately. Consult a Safety Data Sheet for details.
PACKAGING & AVAILABILITY
5-Gallon plastic pails, 55-gallon drums and 275-gallon plastic totes at all STAR plant locations.
IMPORTANT WEATHER LIMITATIONS
- Surface and air temperature should be a min. 50° F (10° C) and rising.
- Do not apply on rainy, foggy, or extremely humid days (max 80%), or when rain is in the forecast within 8 hours.
- Most favorable conditions are; humidity less than 60%, higher temperatures and lower relative humidity with mild wind velocity.