STAR MAX-DRI, Triple Action Additive delivers three benefits in one potent package; fast drying, performance booting and viscosity enhancement. Based on 100% acrylic polymers, fast evaporating chemicals and surfactants, STAR MAX-DRI improves the overall performance and durability of both Asphalt Emulsion and Refined Tar based sealcoatings.
• Cuts the drying time up to 75% reducing labor cost and allowing traffic sooner than non-modified sealer.
• Sealcoatings dry to a uniform black color, under sun or shade.
• Boosts the viscosity of the diluted sealer and enables it to suspend large quantities of sand effectively and uniformly. Eliminates sand roll out, and the streaky appearance of a cured coating. Finished jobs will have a uniform-textured appearance.
• Toughens the sealer film and improves tensile strength thus reducing power steering marks, scuffing and tearing. Improves flexibility and adhesion of the cured sealer film to the existing surface. Improves fuel and chemical resistance of the cured film.
• Based on a polymer-emulsion; safe to handle and use. No health hazards have been reported.
STAR MAX-DRI is recommended for all applications where faster drying is a must. Especially suited for cure conditions which are less than ideal in late fall, early spring, and night time sealcoating at places such as; Fast Food Restaurants, Apartment Buildings, Service Plazas, Office Complexes, Gas Stations and many more.
MIX DESIGN RECOMMENDATIONS
2-5% STAR MAX-DRI by volume of the concentrated sealer
Add STAR MAX-DRI directly to the sealer (with agitation).
It is not necessary to pre-dilute STAR MAX-DRI.
|Sealcoating (AE or RTS)||100 Gal.||100 Liters|
|Water (Clean, Potable)||50 Gal. Max||50 Liters Max|
|Sand/Aggregate 50-70 AFS||300-500 Lbs.||36-60 Kg.|
|STAR Max-Dri||2-5 Gallons||2-5 Liters|
• Add water to the sealer and start agitation.
• With agitation on, add the required amount of STAR MAX-DRI. Mix for 5 minutes. Keep agitation on.
• Add the sand slowly, at a steady rate of about 100-lb. bag/minute.
• Continue to mix to a smooth consistency. Adjust the speed of mixer to turn the sealer mix sufficiently inside the tank without beating air into the mix. You may have to raise the speed during sand addition and reduce towards the end of the mix cycle
• Do not add more than 5% of STAR MAX-DRI. Beyond this limit, it will not add any benefit for faster drying. Conversely, it may thin down the sealer mix.
• Do not add more sand than 5 lb./gallon of the concentrated sealer. Higher amounts of sand reduce the flexibility and adhesion of the cured sealer.
• Keep the water dilution rate below 50%. Excessive amounts of water will cut down the dry sealer film thickness, which in turn will result in pre-mature failure.
• Mix thoroughly before using and keep unused container properly sealed.
• Using other additives or additives manufactured by companies other than STAR, Inc in conjunction with this product might produce undesirable results. Consult your STAR representative for recommendations.
KEEP FROM FREEZING / KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Wear gloves and protective clothing. In case of contact, flush skin or eyes immediately with fresh water. If the product gets in the mouth or eyes see a physician immediately. Consult a Safety Data Sheet for details.
PACKAGING & AVAILABILITY
5-Gallon plastic pails, 55-gallon drums and 275-gallon plastic totes at all STAR plant locations.
IMPORTANT WEATHER LIMITATIONS
- Surface and air temperature should be a min. 50° F (10° C) and rising.
- Do not apply on rainy, foggy, or extremely humid days (max 80%), or when rain is in the forecast within 8 hours.
- Most favorable conditions are; humidity less than 60%, higher temperatures and lower relative humidity with mild wind velocity.