STAR MACRO-DECK protects concrete bridge decks, abutments and other concrete surfaces against salt and damage from chemicals. STAR MACRODECK quickly penetrates concrete surfaces and forms a rubber network in the interstices that form while concrete cures out. STAR MACRO-DECK stops water, chloride de-icing chemicals, salt, and other damaging elements from entering the concrete surface.
• Inhibits chloride de-icing chemicals, salt and damage from chemicals to concrete.
• Maintains flexural and tensile strength of the concrete.
• Very easy to apply. Very fluid, water like consistency.
• Water-based, safe to handle and easy to store.
• Resistant to many hydro-carbons and other petrochemicals.
STAR MACRO-DECK is recommended on all types of concrete surfaces; Concrete bridge decks, support structures, guard walls, median dividers, curbs, grain elevators, sanitary sewer, masonry walls and floors, airport taxiways and aprons.
200 – 300 Sq. Ft / Gal (4.9 – 7.3 Sq. Meter / Liter)
Will vary according to dilution.
The amount of water added to STAR MACRO-DECK will vary according to the porosity, age and profile of the concrete being treated.
General Dilution Guidelines for:
• Abutments: Dilution is NOT recommended.
• Bridge Decks: Mix with an equal volume of water (1:1)
• Older Bridge Decks: Either apply at full strength or apply pre-diluted in 1:1 ratio with water.
• ALWAYS: add water into STAR MACRO-DECK, not vise-versa
GENERAL PREPARATION: Concrete must be clean, free of dust, grease, grime, mold, mildew and debris. Concrete must have a profile and a certain degree of porosity for STAR MACRO-DECK to penetrate effectively.
ON SMOOTH SURFACES: Etch with muriatic acid.
OIL AND GREASE CONTAMINATION: Remove by de-greasing and washing with detergent.
MOLD AND MILDEW: Remove using bleach wash or other suitable method
• Low pressure spray, brush or roller.
• Clean up with Water. Do not discard washings in the bodies of water or down sewer drains.
• Keep stored containers sealed tightly.
Cure time will vary according to temperature and humidity at the time of application. Lower temperatures, high humidity and lack of direct sunlight will prolong the cure time. Higher temperatures, lower humidity and direct sunlight accelerate the cure process. After the application allow the coating to cure at least 30 minutes under good drying conditions. Apply at the recommended application rates. Thick applications will require more time to dry and fully cure.
MATERIAL PROPERTIES & SPECIFICATIONS
|Polymer Type||100% Acrylic|
|Solids by Weight||19-21|
|Weight per Gallon||8.5-8.6 lbs|
|ESTIMATED DURABILITY FOR:||RESULTS:|
|Abutments||Over 3 Years|
|Bridge Decks||Approx. 3 Years|
|PENETRATION IN CONCRETE:||RESULTS:|
|Surface with no cracks||0.50 inch|
|Surface with minor cracks||1 inch|
KEEP FROM FREEZING / KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
STAR MACRO-DECK is a water-based product therefore it must be protected from freezing. Observe all safety precautions, Consult Material Safety Data Sheets for details.
PACKAGING & AVAILABILITY
5-Gallon plastic pails, 55-gallon drums and 275-gallon plastic totes at all STAR plant locations.
IMPORTANT WEATHER LIMITATIONS
- Surface and air temperature should be a min. 50° F (10° C) and rising.
- Do not apply on rainy, foggy, or extremely humid days, or when rain is in the forecast within 24 hours.
- Drying time is retarded by high humidity and/or lower temperatures..