STAR STA-FLEXTM is a cold pour crack filler based on asphalt emulsion that effectively fills and seals cracks in pavement. STAR STA-FLEXTM protects compromised pavement surfaces from the damaging elements of water and chemical penetrations. STAR STA-FLEXTM is fortified with rubberizing high molecular weight polymers and select mineral fibers that create a tough and flexible crack filler that will stay in place for the service life of the pavement.
• Cold-Pour and ready to use. STAR STA-FLEXTM does not require any pre-heating and is ready to use without extensive mixing.
• Flexible and durable, it is rubberized with polymers and reinforced with specialty chemicals and minerals for best performance.
• Safe to use and cleans up with water, is non flammable and is not considered a hazardous material.
• No separation of water or settling of fillers in the containers.
• READY TO USE – As supplied.
Use on all types of asphalt pavements. STAR STA-FLEXTM is recommended for repairing cracks up to 3/8 inch wide and 1/2 inch deep. Some of the typical uses are for parking lots, driveways, service plazas, gas stations, airport aprons, play areas, walkways, etc.
One (1) gallon of STAR STA-FLEXTM will fill approximately
100 linear feet of crack 3/8” wide and 1/2” deep
Coverage rates will vary with the changing widths and depths of cracks.
No dilution is required – the product is supplied in ready-to-use form.
For finer cracks the viscosity can be slightly reduced by adding small quantity of clean potable water (max. 5% by volume).
• Remove all dirt, debris and foreign materials from the crack. Thorough cleaning is imperative for proper adhesion.
• Stir or shake the contents of STAR STA-FLEXTM thoroughly. Keep unused container properly sealed.
• Pour STAR STA-FLEXTM crack filler in the cleaned and dry cracks and fill cracks to surface level. Smooth out with “V” squeegee for best results. Multiple applications may be needed for deeper cracks.
• STAR STA-FLEXTM will fill cracks to maximum width of 3/8 inch and depth of 1/2 inch.
• In cases of cracks deeper than 1/2 inch, the use of a backer rod or sand filler may be necessary to keep STAR STA-FLEXTM settling too deep into the cracks and causing excessive material to be used to fill the voids.
Allow STAR STA-FLEXTM to cure before seal coating and/or opening to traffic. The cure time will vary according to weather conditions. Under ideal conditions (80 deg. F. and 50% Relative Humidity), the STAR STA-FLEXTM will form a film within the first hour of application and will cure within 4 hours to be suitable for seal coating.
• Wash tools immediately with water. Use paint thinner to clean the tools if the material has dried and hardened.
• Do not store in direct sunlight or temperatures exceeding 100° F.
• Do not use if ambient and or surface temperatures are below 50° F. • Do not use if freezing temperatures are anticipated within 24 hours.
KEEP FROM FREEZING / KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN Contains REFINED COAL TAR.
May cause skin irritation. Wear gloves and protective clothing. In case of contact, flush skin or eyes immediately with fresh water. If the product gets in the mouth or eyes see a physician immediately. Consult a Safety Data Sheet for details.
PACKAGING & AVAILABILITY
5-Gallon plastic pails, 55-gallon drums & 275-gallon plastic totes, and bulk at all STAR plant locations.
IMPORTANT WEATHER LIMITATIONS
• Surface and air temperature should be a min. 50° F (10° C) and rising.
• Do not apply on rainy, foggy, or extremely humid days (max 80%), or when rain is in the forecast within 8 hours.
• Most favorable conditions are; humidity less than 60%, higher temperatures and lower relative humidity with mild wind velocity.
• For Optimum Performance of Crack Fillers. Applications done in the early spring and late fall months are most effective. Cracks will be at their widest state in the cooled pavement surface conditions during these times.