PREMIUM QUALITY- DIRECT FIRE GRADE
Polymer and Rubber Modified Hot Pour Crack Filler
ELASTO-BOND H.S. is a specialty grade, premium quality, hot applied joint and crack sealing compound, especially suited for direct fired heat kettles. It is heat stabilized to withstand temperatures up to 450 F, without degradation. Conventional sealants require melting in oil jacketed heating kettles, which are more expensive than direct fire kettles and also slower in melting.
The polymer / rubber modification makes ELASTO-BOND H.S. harder and more resistant to softening under hot pavement conditions (no pick up or tracking). These properties make ELASTO-BOND H.S. well suited for parking lots. It sets up fast, therefore, does not require sanding.
• High Performance-Polymer and Rubber modified
• Heat Stabilized Formula for direct fired kettles
• Resistant to pick up and tracking under hot pavement conditions
• Superior flexibility in cold temperatures
• Rapid Melting and Fast Leveling
• Low Penetration characteristics
ELASTO-BOND.H.S. is recommended for sealing all types of joints and cracks in;
• Asphalt and concrete pavements,
• Longitudinal, Transverse and Random cracks,
• Joints between asphalt and concrete.
1. Joint Preparation: To insure optimum performance all cracks shall be prepared properly. Crack must be free of moisture, dirt, debris, loose aggregates, oils or other contaminants. Sawing, routing and or sandblasting are preferred methods for joint preparation. Use oil free compressed air.
Immediately, prior to application, best results are obtained by hot air drying of the joint. The joints must be opened at least 1⁄2” wide. Sealant depth to width ratio shall not exceed 2/1.
2. Temperatures: The surface and ambient temperatures must be more than 40o F.
3. Material Preparation: ELASTO-BOND H.S. may be melted in direct fired kettles or oil jacketed kettles. Carefully insert the block of crack filler (do not remove the plastic wrapping) into the melting equipment, with agitator not running. Load material slowly to avoid splash. After the initial load has reached the pouring temperature, fresh material may be added to the melter as sealant is used. Melt only enough material that will be used during the day. At the end of each crack filling operation, purge all the lines back into the kettle. The material may be reheated, as needed.
4. Application Equipment: Pressure feed wand system or pour pots.
Observe all safety precautions
Consult Material Safety Data Sheet for details
2×25 lb. Cardboard boxes.
PROPERTIES & SPECIFICATIONS
|Recommended application Temperature||350-450 F|
|Pour Temperature Range||280-450 F|
|Maximum Heating temperature||450 F|
|Bend Test @ ) F –1” Mandrel||Pass|
|Softening Point||185 F, Min.|
|Penetration @ 150 gr-5 sec.||40|
|WIDTH||DEPTH||LB./100 LINEAL FEET|