STAR LTCA, Low Temperature Cure Additive is especially designed for sealcoatings to optimally cure under cooler ambient and surface temperatures, as experienced in early spring and late fall. The specialty chemicals in STAR LTCA, plasticize and coalesce binder and polymers components in the sealer for a complete film formation. STAR LTCA does not change the viscosity of the mix design.
STAR LTCA improves the overall color, performance and durability of Asphalt emulsion, Refined Tar, and Petroleum based sealcoatings. Suitable for early morning, nighttime, late fall, and early spring seasons where ambient conditions of temperature, humidity and dew point are generally unfavorable for sealcoating
• Sealcoatings dry and cure even at low temperatures, such as low 40s thus increasing the sealcoating business in late fall and early spring seasons.
• Sealcoatings dry to a uniform black color, under sun or shade.
• Does not thicken or change viscosity of the sealer thus eliminating the temptation to add more water to the mix design.
• Improves tensile strength, flexibility and adhesion of the cured sealer film and improves fuel and chemical resistance.
• Safe to handle and use.
STAR LTCA can be used with in all kinds of water-based sealcoatings; Asphalt emulsion, Refined tar and Petroleum based.
LEVEL OF ADDITION
Mix 2-3% STAR LTCA by volume of the concentrated sealer
MIX DESIGN (Suggested)
|Sealcoating||100 Gal.||100 Liters|
|Water (Clean, Potable)||25-30 Gal.||25-30 Liters|
|Sand/Aggregate 50-70 (mesh)||0-500 Lbs.||0-60 Kg.|
|STAR LTCA||2-3 Gallons||2-5 Liters|
Health = 1, Fire = 0, Reactivity = 0, Equip. = 0
• Add water to the sealer and start agitation.
• It is not necessary to pre-dilute STAR® LTCA.
• With agitation on, add the required amount of STAR® LTCA to the diluted sealer and continue mixing for 5 min.
• Add the sand slowly, at a steady rate of about 100 lb. bag/min.
• Continue to mix to a smooth consistency. Adjust the speed of mixer to turn the sealer mix sufficiently inside the tank without beating air into the mix. You may have to raise the speed during sand addition and reduce towards the end of the mix cycle.
KEEP FROM FREEZING / KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Wear gloves and protective clothing. In case of contact, flush skin or eyes immediately with fresh water. If the product gets in the mouth or eyes see a physician immediately. Consult a Safety Data Sheet for details.
PACKAGING & AVAILABILITY
Net Five (5) Gallons, 18.9 Liters
IMPORTANT WEATHER LIMITATIONS
- Surface and air temperature should be a min. 40° F (5° C) and rising.
- Do not apply on rainy, foggy, or extremely humid days (max 80%), or when rain is in the forecast within 8 hours.
- Most favorable conditions are; humidity less than 60%, higher temperatures and lower relative humidity with mild wind velocity.